- What are you gonna study in college?
I’m not exactly sure yet. Nothing artistic, though, because I want a useful degree. I’ll probably go into a field that has to do with computers (either software development or working on hardware). I like computers, I’ve worked at Computer Tech places in the past, and I think I understand them well enough to build a career doing it.
- I can’t get over the fact you love football. Did you ever try out in highschool? I know you said you did percussion but was it the marching band?
I went through a period where I refused to watch football, actually. I consciously made myself hate the game because I associated it with all the jock-y pricks that played.
Since leaving high school, that stigma has casually lifted itself from my mind’s eye because I grew the fuck up. People are people. Not all jocks are assholes and not all nerds are smart (or better). My stigma against them was, in essence (and practice), no better than their’s against me.
When I moved to New Orleans, it was the first time I ever realized that Football actually helped resurrect a broken city. No matter your nationality, your politics, or even your religion, you could sit in a room full of Saints fans and enjoy your time together. That’s one thing I continue to enjoy about sports now. When you meet someone that likes the same team as you, you’re instantly closer. When I meet a Green Bay Packers fan, I feel like I Instantly make a new friend. The same thing can be said for a lot of the bands I listen to. The team that you like tells more about you than the way you vote.
- Cody, you should make a video of yourself shaking your bare buttocks at the camera while the song “Laffy Taffy” plays. I figure your ass cheeks jiggle enough for it to be entertaining.
I have the ass of a fifteen year old white girl. Honest to god, if I put my bare ass cheeks on a website like ChatRoulette, thousands of dudes would masturbate to it and not bother clicking the “next” button until he was finished.
That being said, there’s not a whole lot of jiggling going on back there. My entire ass moves up and down, but there’s no ripple-effect.
I’m sure this is something you were all dying to know.
- The women you know look like they would devour a man alive in bed. In a good way I think. Where do you find these types?
I met a lot of my models through Kat. Maybe something is in the water in Michigan (though I suspect it’s just that they’re all talented people). Channeling that part of yourself toward a camera is a real skill that you either have or you just don’t. I think most girls would devour a man in bed if they were interested enough. I don’t think sex is a skill as much as I think it’s about maintaining an active interest in the person and situation.
I don’t find them, though, at least here in Michigan. When I was living in Iowa, I’d just ask any pretty girl I knew to model for me. This is a question I get a lot: “How do you ask people to model for you and not come off as a creep?” It’s easy — just fucking ask them to model for you. At the very worst, they’ll say no and that’ll be the end of the conversation, but they probably won’t say no. More than likely, people will be flattered that you find them attractive and want to shoot photos of them. It’s an instant self-esteem boost. Don’t look at yourself as a creep (and don’t shoot photos just for the possibility of fucking a model because then you ARE a creep), and nobody will view you as one.
And even if they do, fuck ‘em. Who cares? Life is too short to ever attempt to control what other people think about you.
- You’re rocking the shit out of those suspenders, dude. Love the hair. Love the happy. -Anonymous weirdo fan ca. 2008
Thanks, dude! That has almost everything to do with Kat. She helps me maintain a focus that I’ve otherwise never been able to in my entire life. I dig her.
- I know you’ve been asked this a million times and I know this question always starts off with “I know you’ve been asked this a million times” but after watching “The Refocus” I felt really inspired me to get into photography. So where should I start? What kind of camera should I get?
The Canon Digital Rebel series. That was my first dSLR, and it’s the reason I exclusively go Canon with everything I shoot. Great camera, great photos, great piece to learn on.
- in that video of you at 15 your last named is spelled webber. whats up with that
My entire life, people have misspelled my last name and added an extra “B”. It’s really no bigg deal (see what I did there?).
- how did you learn guitar?’
I used to be the drummer in a band called Siva, and I became friends with the guitar player (named Chris). Like me, he is a left-handed musician and the first time I ever got to fuck around on a lefty guitar was at a Siva band practice.
Chris ended up leaving his acoustic guitar at my house for a long stretch of time and I started to learn on it slowly. Some time later, he bought a new acoustic guitar and just gave me his old one.
So, I taught myself how to play from then on. I’m still mediocre, but at least I don’t suck anymore!
- I guess there’s no chance of you making that Alone movie, now?
Maybe someday, if I find the right actors.
- Have you ever anonymously trolled/harassed someone as anons sometimes do to you on here?
Not even once.
Great mind, terrible musician.
- I liked you a lot more when you were mopy and depressed all the time. You were way more relatable and cool. Now you’re just all ‘Hey. I have a girlfriend. And she makes me happy. And she’s hot. Just look at them boobs’
Well, have you even looked at them?!
- In one of your recent post you talked about writing from a good mood. It seems kind of pointless to me, because things aren’t interesting without adversity, or something to be overcome. Why do you want to write from happiness? Is it that you can only write from the emotion you feel?
That was my entire point. Just because I’m happy doesn’t mean all of my hurdles in life have disappeared. They simply haven’t. I still have demons in my head and skeletons in my closet.
Being miserable was just one hill on a mountain made of them.
- I want to do gay things with you.
Let’s totally do gay things.
- So people will always ask you the best part about being in a band, but I want to be the one who asks: what is/are the WORST part/s?
Bad shows, long stretches without showering, sleeping on people’s floors, venues almost always expecting you to play for free, not selling merchandise, starting a band with your buddies and ending it with no friends at all.
- How tall are you? Be honest.